Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 4: Special Tuesday Post

Aries: Today sees you pretty much right where you want to be and your recent activities have paid off in a big way. Now might be a good time to re-evaluate your long-term goals in light of recent successes.

The Aries Experiment exists for these days. The first sentence seems right on. I mean, after a lunch at Chuck-a-rama with great friends and the curmudgeonly father of one, how can I not say I’m where I want to be? Besides that I’ve reached page 40 on my thesis—a fine milestone in a 60 page project—and other areas of life seem to be going great. So, a point to the dubious-at-best facebook horoscope and another point for updating on Tuesday instead of every Friday. Oh, Horoscope, you do keep me guessing.

As for the second part, re-evaluating long-term goals, that’s always kind of hard. Maybe this is a reminder to get working on my writing again as I’m getting a handle on other parts of my life. Not that I could say any of my recent successes make me think of my long-term goals any differently thus necessitating a re-evaluation. Though maybe this takes me back to Chuck-a-rama where my friend had the idea of getting a job with the British tourist something or other mapping and creating an online database of GPSed hikes with picture and audio recordings. So, that would definitely be a re-evaluation of my future goals. Send me down a different but very enjoyable path. That’s not necessarily a re-evaluation in light of recent successes though, and since the ol’ horoscope’s doing so well today, I don’t feel like cutting it any slack, not when it’s bringing it’s A game. Though, my thesis is on a similar subject… so in light of recent successes/milestones on my thesis, I may be thinking about a big, long project in England. Better check their website….

Thought: is part of this experiment to go so far as to really act on these interpretations?

2 comments:

Amanda Lynn, to be exact said...

Spence, just thought you should know I love the little experiment. Good on you for finally daring the cosmos to prove it knows what it's talking about.

Spencer G said...

Thanks, Amanda. It does seem to be pretty accurate so far... eerily so if I may use such a tired expression.